History

history

Atkinson Candy Company has a family tradition of making candy since 1932. Located in Lufkin, Texas, the company is known worldwide for its fine quality candy, including some of the best peanut butter and peppermint candies available.

B.E. and Mabel Atkinson began selling candies in the 1930’s after Mr. Atkinson was laid off from his job at an area foundry. A few years later he decided to start manufacturing his own treats from local homemade recipes.

Today the third and fourth generations of Atkinsons are proud to carry on the family tradition while the roster of sweet confections continues to grow.

Take a stroll down memory lane as you look at some photos from the

history of Atkinson Candy Co.


big gran at desk 1962 building big gran working candy industry 1972

memaw working downtown building old peco pic old peg bags

old pbb pic old factory old cos pic Current home of Atkinson Candy Company. Located on Frank Ave. in Lufkin, TX.
Dr. B.E. Atkinson, Jr. gets inducted to the Candy Hall of Fame in 2011.